Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart. - Steve Jobs

Friday, May 20, 2011

What a day, What a day. The Big Ultrasound.

Here’s the short version.

4am: Sun of a……..I forgot my anti nausea sleep medication! It’s going to be a long day.

4:15am: Barfing in toilet & sleeping in bathroom.

5 – 7am: Twiddling thumbs, anxiously awaiting morning so I can go get my gender results.

7:30am: Barfing in shower.

8:30am: Guzzling 30oz of water in preparation for my ultra sound.

9:15am: Leaning out of the car & throwing up all of my previous guzzled water in a gutter in the pouring rain.

9:17am: Watching my fluorescent green gum launch into the gutter & float down stream.

9:30am: Ultra sound finally!

10:00am: Disappointed because my baby is lazy & shy & refuses to get into a position where we can get any good shots or determine gender. Legs are glued together like a pair of unopened chop sticks.

10:05: Went pee.

10:15am: Meeting with nurse because Doctor is out of town. Explained that my big toe no long has muscle function & my foot is following suit. My explanation, “I stare at my toe & tell it to move, but it just stares back." Get strange looks & referred out to neurologist.

10:20: Went pee.

10:30am: Sit in lobby drinking a juice box to try & stimulate my lazy baby.

10:35am: Went pee. Doing jumping jacks in bathroom & vigorously poking belly while jumping.

10:45am: Went pee.

10:55am: Getting up to go pee when nurse comes to get me for second round of ultra sound.

11:00am: Success! Baby is breach. Got some nice profile shots.

11:10am: Baby clearly does not take after me or Jake because it is very shy & modest & wants to keep its legs crossed.

11:15am: Triumph! Gender announced.

11:20am: Went pee. Turns out I did not throw up all of the water I drank earlier.

If your curious about gender, check out the video below. Make sure you audio is on!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! Now if you choose one of my names I win the big prize right?

Cherie Garner said...

Congrats you guys! Can't wait to see the little dude.

thepantyrevolution said...

HOW COOL! Boys are the best and so much fun!!! way to go guys.