Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart. - Steve Jobs

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Back to the Future Part 1: Annual Pond Pics

I know, I know. I have an obession with taking pics of my plants. I wanted to show some pics of the growth that my new plants had this summer. Can't wait to work on it more next summer.


I fertilized my pond plants for the first time this summer and the growth was unreal. Every time I turned around I had to climb in the pond to trim the lilies.


The other result of fertilizing my plants for the first time, is my Thalia grew flowers. I didn't even know it had flowers to grow.







The flowers are my favorite. They sit on a stem that is about 3-4 feet tall and last all summer.



My cute hubby picking up the slack since I couldn't help out much this summer with the clean up.




I did manage to get my 9 month pregnant body into the pond to cut the lilies down. Check out how scary all the octopus stems are. The crazy thing is it was only 2 plants that created that many lilies. I might back off on the fertilizing next year.

No comments: