Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart. - Steve Jobs

Friday, November 21, 2008

Come On Baby, Light My Fire

I was laying in bed at 6:30am this morning thinking "My throat hurts, I must be getting a cold........and why does my bedroom smell like camp fire. After a few minutes I sat up & saw that our entire bedroom was filled with smoke. Jake & I got up & our bathroom & our bedroom closet was so full of smoke that you couldn't enter it without going to your knees from caughing so hard. We made a lap around the building to see if anyone was awake. We figured somebody built a morning fire & didn't air the fire properly. Then we went onto the second floor & it was covered in smoke. The laundry room was had a thick layer of smoke on the ceiling. Jake went to the utility door & saw that there were flames behind the door. So I called 911 while Jake ran around telling people to get out. By the time he came outside his eyes were blood shot & his voice was gone. He said he was practically on his knees by the time he left the second floor. We spent about an 1 hr. and half outside while they put the fire out & cleared the air for us. Luckily nobody was hurt. The conclusion was that the boiler was too old and started the fire. I can't believe how bad our apartment stinks. I can't believe how bad I stink. We had to go to work in smelly clothes & no shower since the boiler when up in flames. The worst part is how bad my eyes & my lunges hurt today. I put my contacts in after the fire & dropped to my knees from the pain. It's been a good month for us. Hawaii, our own personal waterfall in our living room, & now the boiler goes up in flames & we get to have camp fire smell all the time. Just makes us feel like we are out doors & roasting marshmellows. Drama, Drama, Drama.






























































1 comment:

Christina W. Cook said...

Wow! Good thing you are moving. That place is bad luck!