Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart. - Steve Jobs

Friday, November 14, 2008

Pouring rain















The other day I woke to the sound of bath water running in our house. The only problem was, Jake & I were both still in bed. Jake jumped to see what was going on. He came back into the bedroom & said....




















"Get up. Maitenence is coming over."















I walked out into our living room to find the ceiling had collapsed in & water was pouring into our house. That was on Sunday.
















Monday we came home from work to find a bunch of guys working in our house on the ceiling. It caught us completely by suprise as nobody had notified us that they would be entering our house.




















Our house was a complete disaster. Pieces of the ceiling laying all over the floor. All of our property had been moved to different locations. It's a strange feeling to know that somebody has moved your stuff without you being home.















I love that this guy gave me a thumbs up for the picture.




















They were very nice to cover up our furniture. Too bad they didn't rethink putting the wet towels from the floor onto my leather massage chair.















My favorite part was when I found my grill sitting in our bedroom. Everything is back to normal now, but I thought I'd share the adventure with you.

1 comment:

Julie Elton said...

Okay, I love your hair! Oh, I love yours too jake.
That mess was crazy! I'm glad you two got through it with smiles though.