Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart. - Steve Jobs

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

New Family Member


We recently I found a dead mouse underneath a set of my dishes. I also found holes in my bag of rice & holes in my fish food in my shed outside. Then there was the poop in the cupboards & the poop on the table in the shed. We tried mouse traps & didn't catch anything. So we got the best mouse trap around. Welcome to the family Gidget.
We got her at 9 weeks old & she's now 11 weeks. I've decided she's like having a ADHD 2 year old with a splash of bipolar. She either sleeping or in what we've labeled "hell cat" mode. She loves to lick my chin, bite my nose, nuzzle my eyes, suckle my hair, climb my legs & gnaw on my ears. We've started a training program with her because her behavior is so wild. She's really intelligent & taking to it well. It won't be long before I have her using the toilet & flushing.


I couldn't help myself & spoiled her with a few good toys. She loves her crinkle tunnel but her favorite toy is a fishing pole from the dollar store.
Gidget is working on her knowledge of literature. She recently studied Band of Brothers as a way to get ideas to improve her hunting skills.


She is very helpful with turning pages.

She is quite the hunter. I feel as though I'm being stalked all day, although her favorite thing to hunt is Mysha.

The great hunter in action catching a lazer.

Gidget is a cuddle monster. She loves to sleep on my shoulder when I'm sitting or sleep on my stomach when I'm laying down. She also likes to sleep between my knees or on top of my calves when I am cutting out material on the ground. She's so funny.

Mysha has handled the intruder pretty well. At first she was dejected & wouldn't let me give her love. Then she decided she needed attention 24/7. She has now made piece with Gidget & they are working on their friendship. They tend to have a morning play session each day. It's fun to see Mysha be playful.
First she darts out from her tunnel.....
......then she attacks.....Kapow!.......

.....then she's off like a shot.....
Bonk!! Mysha needs to learn to put her paw on her nose between her eyes.

My favorite.

I found her today snuggled up in her sheets cuddled up with her pink mouse. Life can be very exhausting after playing so hard each day.

No comments: