Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart. - Steve Jobs

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Witches Night Out


Sandi Collet invited me to Witches Night Out held at Gardner Village. I had never been nor ever heard of it & I didn't know what to expect. It was so much fun! We arrived & there were hundreds & hundreds of women dressed up as witches wandering around Gardner village. There was a costume parade, dancing, shoping, food, photo booths, face painting, & lots of fun. The witches ranged from infant size to old women using rockers. All of them were dressed up. My favorite was going to the bathroom & seeing all the tall pointy hats sticking up out of the stalls. So fun!


Mmmmm....potato cheese soup in bread bowls.



I only had a few hours to come up with my costume, so I went as a punk witch. The boa isn't part of the costume.


There were so many fun costumes. Some elaborate, some very simple, but all fun.


Double click on the hats so you can see the details. They were amazing!

I saw the ice queen from Narnia walking around. Her costume was awesome. About a week later I found out that she was my friends sister & also a big family friend of the Garners. How funny.

Glenda won the costume competition. She was hilarious. She would randomely walk up to people & say "You're prettier then me," and then would bonk them with her wand & turn them into a toad.

These glasses were awesome. I wish I would have purchased them.

The village was full of witches in various forms. There was the occasional man pushing a stroller with a baby in a tiny litte witch hat. Some of the men were also dressed up in fun costumes.



Sorry this is so dark. They had music playing all night & a section where witches were dancing all night. I wish you could see all of the hats bouncing up & down. I was trying to film the teenage witches in the tiny little slut outfits with giant heels. The worst part was a lady was dancing with them that looked like their mom or their adult chaperone. I wanted to cast a spell on her that forced her to read parenting books 24/7. Muwahaaaaaa!

No comments: