Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart. - Steve Jobs

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Mountain To Metro



I got a bee in my bonnet this summer & decided I was going to do a 7 mile trail run. I learned to run 7 miles in under 20 days. It was such a good experience for me. I really learned how to accept pain & push past it. Julie was a great inspiration & helped me to understand how to have a life despite injury. I ran with my friend Kristen who I met on a fitness blog.




It was a grueling run. Held at 3pm in the burning sun & straight up hill for the first couple of miles.



This little came out & ran the last leg with his dad across the finish line. It was so cute!


I finished at about 1 hour & 18 min. I finished 95th out of 132 and placed 4th in my age group out of 9 women. The fastest runner averaged a 6 1/2 minute mile.



My swag.






No comments: