Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart. - Steve Jobs

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Halloween Half

All hail the Halloween Half marathon. It's my favorite race of the year!

I upgraded my mullet look with some sparkles & declared myself as Jem from Jem & the Rockers.


My best friend Christina came down & ran the race with me. Oh Lucy! Ah Ricky your wonderful.


We got up at 5am & drove down to Provo canyon to gather with all the other crazy runners who wanted to run on Halloween morning.


It was a chilly morning & thankfully they had big tents full of heaters & warm bodies. They had a costume competition for those who arrived early.


This years race had 2800 runners in it. That's 2000 more then last year.! The road was crazy crowded at first. I think I ran in place the first 5 minutes.


My favorite part of the Halloween Half next to the costumes is the route. You start a mile above Sundance, run 5 miles down hill towards provo canyon, & then run in Provo canyon & then off through Vivian park next to all the gorgeous waterfalls.
Guy in the yellow was the race winner. Jake said he came in with an average of a 4.92 minute mile & hadn't even looked like he broke a sweat. The devil guy camr in 3rd. He finished & came back through again chasing some angels. The zombie guy just looks awesome. He must have chewed a blood pack right before he crossed.

No clue how the guy in the cookie monster out fit didn't get dehydrated and pass out. The kid in the Aragorn costume is from the mullet team. We ran into him & his dad. His costume looked awesome when he ran in it!
This pic is just for Puke.

Minus some costume problems up front, I had a super fun run. I was working my tail off to come in under a 2 hour race. I was so bummed when I crossed at 2 hours & 2 minutes. My watch was off and I thought I had made my goal. Grrrrr.
Christina rockin her I love Lucy look.

The trails were gorgeous!


Life is like a box of chocolates.

Kelly & Sandi come out for the race as well.

If you remember ice tea mullet. Here he is dressed as superman.


Kelly lookin mulletliscious.




This is my Bon Jovi pic.


Christina & I submitted this photo to a competition for the race. The race officials wrote back & said "Dressed as a Utah Mother/Daughter Duo?" Hee hee. Pretty clever I though.
Until next year suckers! Muahahahaha.


No comments: