Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart. - Steve Jobs

Friday, November 19, 2010

There Was a Full Moon Out at Our Race


It's true. I was blessed to wake up this morning to a full moon before our race. It was a positive omen for a great race ahead of us. It came in the form of my friends naked bootie in my face in our rush to change, but I try to see the positive things in life.


These are my two very good friends Kristen (left) and Christina (middle). We arrived in style for the Hobble Creek Half marathon and made sure we were fashionably late after sleeping through our alarm clock & waking up 15 min. after packet pick up was over. There was much panic, some swearing, a rush of dressing & flurry of deoderant, but we made it and luckily they gave us our packets. I told you, positive omen.

In the rush, I forgot my music. I nearly birthed a cow when I found out I'd be running a 1/2 marathon without music. Christina's afraid of cows though so I tried to keep that from happening.

Kristen heroically rushed off to procure my music for more me, but alas, the buses came and we were carted off to the starting line before she was back. I was terrified. I HATE running without music.

Despite my lack of music, I had an amazing run. I passed the time by counting to 100 in my head in a slow methodical way. Every time I hit 100 another mile had passed. It felt like it went by so fast. The last couple of miles were hell, but overall it wasn't too bad to run without music. Not something I'd like to repeat, but not too bad. I finished in 2 hours & 6 min. A full 30 min. faster then my previous race time. Woot! Sometimes you feel really stupid when you hear that other women are coming in at 1 hour & 40 min, but racing is all about competing with yourself & celebrating your own wins. It's such a positive environment.


I can't manage to do a down hill race without losing a toenail. Ouch!


Christina freaking rocked it for her first 1/2 marathon!

A little runners duck face for you.

Afterwards there was flamingo dancing & a tango. Oh wait. I think that was just us.


This was actually Kristens race but she had a knee injury a week before the race so she let me run. I was so nervous because I hadn't been out running for about 4 months. But it was a great way to start the summer running season.

O.k. I swear. I'll start posting other things besides running.

No comments: